Paul Ray Borr, Partner
Mr. Borr represents clients on both the plaintiff and defendant side in numerous matters, including cases relating to commercial transactions, real estate disputes, deceptive and unfair trade practices, and fraud-related civil litigation.
Mr. Borr has more than a decade of experience representing hospitals, healthcare systems and other healthcare providers, advising them on an array of operational, regulatory compliance and litigation matters. A licensed risk manager, Paul also provides consultation to heath care facilities and health care providers regarding issues relating to patient safety organizations, as well as risk management, credentialing, peer review, and quality improvement investigations and proceedings.
Before joining Tache Bronis, Mr. Borr was a shareholder at an Am Law 200 firm in Miami, Florida, where his practice focused on civil litigation in various industries including health care, construction and real estate.
Mr. Borr has appeared as special counsel in hundreds of cases throughout the State of Florida litigating the scope and extent of federal and state confidentiality and privilege laws related to medical staff credentialing and peer review, as well as the applicability of Article X, Section 25 of the Florida Constitution, more commonly known as Amendment 7. Mr. Borr regularly represents health care facilities and providers in interpreting these laws’ effects on discovery, use, and admissibility of such materials.
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D. 2006), magna cum laude
- University of Florida (B.S. 2003), magna cum laude
- Healthcare Compliance
- Health Information Privacy & Security
- Litigation, Mediation, Arbitration
- Business Litigation
- Complex Business Disputes
- Patient Safety Organizations
- Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar, Health Law Section
- Dade County Bar Association
- University of Miami School of Law, Guest Lecturer
- Florida Society for Healthcare Risk Management and Patient Safety
- Special Olympics Miami Dade Executive Development Committee (not anymore)
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Law360, “A Win for Florida Hospitals on Patient Safety Data Confidentiality” (September 6, 2019)
Tache, Bronis, Christianson and Descalzo, P. A.
150 S.E. 2nd Avenue, Suite 600, Miami, FL 33131